UPDATE: Our 1st DNG Retreat was a huge success thanks to all the wonderful girls who came to Javea! You can read about it here and sign up for news on the next retreat here:
The 1st Digital Nomad Girls Retreat!
Welcome fellow nomad ladies! We know that travelling while working has many challenges, the biggest of which is arguably finding like-minded people to share your experiences with. That’s what the Digital Nomad Girls Retreat is all about: joining a community of location independent women to learn from, network and have fun with! Who knows, you might find your next travel buddy!
All Girls Coworkation
Join 15 location independent girls from around the world at the first-ever Digital Nomad Girls retreat. Meet like-minded women from different backgrounds to network, brainstorm and mastermind with, oh, and to make friends, of course!
Get stuff done
There’ll be lots of time to work on your own projects and goals during the retreat. We will form Mastermind groups and help each other with ideas and feedback.
Work & Play
We work hard and play hard. We’ll focus on finding a balance between work and fun while travelling and building your career as digital nomad girl.
Who is the retreat for?
We’d like this retreat to be as inclusive as possible, that’s why it is open to all women who work and travel, no matter if you’re a developer, translator or entrepreneur. If you’re just starting out and maybe still have a permanent job or base you are more than welcome to join us to try out this new lifestyle of coworking and living.
Where is the retreat?
We are joining a thriving coworking and coliving space in Javea, Spain. Sun and Co. is housed in a recently refurbished 19th-century house in the heart of the old town of Javea on the Costa Blanca. It has its own coworking space, a dream kitchen, chill out patio and is within walking distance from the beach. The town has been spared from over development, unlike other towns on the Costa Blanca, and it retains a lot of its original charm.
- 7 days/6 nights in a spacious shared room (single beds) in our 19th century historic building in the heart of Javea
- Designated coworking office with 24h fast wifi access, huge communal areas and patio
- Delicious, fresh breakfast every morning & beautiful communal kitchen to cook together
- Fresh fruit, coffee and water all day
- Welcome Paella Party with sangria
- Skill Sharing – if you have skills or knowledge that fellow nomad girls might benefit from (SEO, digital marketing, specific tools etc.), we’d love you to share it with the group
- Mastermind Sessions – if you have an idea for a business or project, present it in a casual setting and we’ll be your focus group
- Morning Huddles – for those who want, we will meet over breakfast every morning to do quick accountability check-ins, get feedback and advice from the group
- Five free yoga classes (1 of them at a nearby beach)
- Free kayak trip to nearby caves and coves (4 hours, including snorkel equipment)
- Local sim card with 3G data
- Farewell BBQ with wine and beer!
Applications are now closed, but if you’d like to go on the waiting list please fill in the application form!
Five morning yoga sessions are included. We will do one at the beach as a special treat.
A guided, half-day kayaking tour around the crystal waters around Javea.
There are many different hikes around Javea that you can do with your new friends.
We will have a dedicated coworking space with 24h fast wifi. Work on projects, your business or fun stuff!
Masterminds & Skill Shares
We will form Mastermind groups and hold accountability and feedback sessions. We encourage you to share skills or knowledge that you think others can benefit from.
Paella Party & other fun!
We will throw a welcome BBQ, a farewell Paella Party and have many more opportunities to socialise and have fun!
Why join the retreat?
- Network with other like-minded digital nomads
- Make new friends and travel buddies
- Work on a specific goal or project and get feedback from fellow nomad girls
- Develop your business and location independent lifestyle
- Try out the digital nomad lifestyle in a convenient setting
- Explore a new country or region
- Try new activities (can be booked separately):
- Scuba diving
What’s NOT included?
- Travel insurance (you must provide proof of valid travel or health insurance)
- Flights, buses, ferries, transfers (we can help you arrange airport transfer from Valencia or Alicante, it’s very cheap)
- Lunch & dinner (apart from the Welcome Paella Party & Farewell BBQ)
- Alcoholic beverages (with exception of our welcome and farewell parties)
- Visa expenses (let us know if you need help finding visa information and we’ll try to help as best we can)
- Extra activities (we’re happy to help you book these)
Who is the retreat for?
The retreat is for all digital nomad girls, no matter what background. We expect a whole range of different women from around the world, designers, developers, marketers, writers, entrepreneurs, all are welcome.
How do I sign up for the retreat?
Yay! We're so happy you want to join us!
Please fill in our application form and tell us a bit more about yourself. Once we've approved your application we will send you the booking and payment details.
Can I share a room with my friend?
Sure! Let us know in your application form who you'd like to share a room with and we'll place you together!
What are the rooms like?
The rooms are spacious double and twin rooms which have been nicely decorated. They all have a large double bed or two twin beds, storage, wifi and cute decor.
Can I bring my partner?
If you're travelling with a partner we might be able to accommodate them, however your partner will have to pay for his/her share of the double room which is €400 for 9 nights (includes access to coworking space, aside from when we're holding mastermind sessions).
What activities are there in Las Palmas?
There are a ton of activities you can do here: yoga, swimming, beach runs, hiking, surfing, kayaking, stand up paddle board, or check out some art galleries or museums. You can also explore the rest of Gran Canaria, the island has something for everyone, mountains, beaches, forests, sand dunes and cute port and mountain towns.
I'm not location independent yet, can I still join?
Yes! The retreat will be a perfect opportunity to try out the location independent lifestyle and learn from other Digital Nomad Girls. We suggest you come to the retreat with a specific goal or project in mind that you'd like to tackle.
Can I bring my kids to the retreat?
While we'd love to be able to accommodate kids, this won't be possible for this retreat. We will definitely consider it in future though.
Where exactly is Las Palmas?
Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria, one of the seven Canarian Islands. The Canaries are located in the Atlantic, west of Africa but are part of Spain and therefore the European Union. They are the warmest place in Europe in the winter and are said to have the best climate in the world.
How do I get there?
The easiest way is to fly into Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Then you can take the number 60 bus (around €3) all the way to Santa Catalina station (it stops at San Telmo first, don't get off too early!). From Santa Catalina it's only a 7 minute walk to ReStation, or a short (and cheap) taxi ride if you're an over-packer.
Do I need a visa?
That depends on your nationality and passport. Gran Canaria is part of Spain and therefore of the EU. If you're an EU citizen you won't need a visa. Please make sure you research the visa requirements for your passport and situation well before your planned travels.
Can I stay before/after the retreat?
Of course! You will have to make your own accommodation arrangements, but we can help you if needed. If you'd like to stay at ReStation beforehand, please let us know in the application form.
Will there be other people there?
Las Palmas is an up and coming nomad spot and there will be other digital nomads from around the world to meet and make friends with. We will have exclusive access to the ReStation coworking space for the duration of the retreat.