Guest Post Guidelines
Thank you for sharing your stories, experience and knowledge with Digital Nomad Girls. Please read through the following guidelines before submitting your post. Thank you!
Before submitting a post, please always submit your pitch (article summary or bullet points) to Digital Nomad Girls for approval. You can submit your article idea via this Google Form.
Once your article pitch has been approved, please submit it as a word document to:
Subject: DNG Guest Blogger Post “[Insert your title here]”
- Digital Nomad Girls is a community of girls from all around the world, therefore we currently only accept articles written in English.
- All content must be written by you. We reserve the right to edit any content you submit.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words.
- We prefer a casual, positive, inspiring tone.
- Please spell check your work and make sure it is grammatically correct. If it requires a lot of editing it will be returned to you.
- We would really appreciate if you could use British English (colour instead of color etc)
- Please use headers to break up your text and make it easy to read
- Use paragraphs for readability and to help the flow of the text
Types of posts:
We have a few common types of blog posts, here are some examples:
- Destination of the Month – short overviews of nomad hotspots
- Listicles – Short and fun blog posts that list the Top X locations, coworking spaces, tools like here, here and here.
- Full Destination Guides – these take more work and could be co-written by multiple contributors. We’d LOVE more of these!
- Interviews – we interview nomad girls from around the world with interesting/unusual online jobs. If you are one or know one, please get in touch.
- Other posts! These types help to generate ideas but we’re open to other types of blog posts too, like photo essays etc.
Please DO NOT duplicate the post on your own blog or website as duplicate content is penalised by search engines. We understand that you’d like to share the post with your audience, so if you’d like to share it on your site please use only the first paragraph as an intro and then link to the published article.
When will my post be published?
You will be notified via email when your article is published. Please, note that we do have an editorial calendar so it probably won’t be published immediately.
Depending on the topic, theme or season, it may take a few weeks (or even months) for your post to go live.
We will let you know when it’s live, thank you for being patient in the meantime.
Once your post is live on our website, we will promote it on Facebook (page and/or group), Twitter, Pinterest, possibly Instagram and LinkedIn.
Please share and promote it in your social media communities, too.
In order to be able to reply to comments and feedback on the blog post, please subscribe to the comments.
If it is relevant to your audience, please include a link to the article in your blog roll, links or writing page.
Where appropriate, you may include select links back to your website or blog. No more than one or two links are accepted.
Please do not include links to third party websites or to your own affiliates. I reserve the right to remove any links and affiliate links I deem inappropriate. I do not accept any links to commercial websites or to affiliates within your own content.
Linking to relevant products is acceptable, as long as the post is not an advertisement for any one company or product. The only exception are product reviews.
Jennifer Lachs is a former chemist turned world traveller. She blogs about her adventures as a digital nomad on her personal blog Square Hippie. Learn more about her journey and follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
- Photos are a great way to help tell a story and we always appreciate if you have photos to share, but if you don’t that’s ok.
- If you would like to share your photos please only submit landscape (horizontal) photos, not vertical.
- Please submit your photos by attaching them to your email.
- By providing your own photos you agree to give Digital Nomad Girls permission to use the photos within the article and on social media.
- Please add a photo credit to the photo or add a line at the end of the post to acknowledge relevant credit if required. We can’t add credit for you nor do we watermark your photos.
- You must have the right to any photos you submit. Please, only submit your own photos.
- Photos should be high resolution, good quality and resized to 800 pixels in width.
- Please rename all the photos “blog-post-title-1”, “blog-post-title-2” etc.
- Do not submit photos from Creative Commons, Wiki, Flickr or other free royalty image sites like Unsplash.
- If you don’t have any photos to share, that is ok, we will provide our own.
- Please do not embed the images within a word document! Attach them separately to the email.
- Please avoid vertical photos, landscape format is better.
Thank you again for sharing your story and tips with the Digital Nomad Girls Community!